There is also a stove-top version of this recipe.
I originally used this recipe while vegetarian and not Gluten Free, but adapted it to make it a little heartier. You can revert this recipe to vegetarian by omiting the ground beef, and using a vegetarian sausage substitute that works for your dietary requirements.This is a delicious gfcf, gluten free, family-friendly recipe! It is also (if you double check ingredients!) a wheat free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, tree nut free, peanut free, fish free, shellfish free, corn free, and top 8 allergen free recipe
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2+ cloves garlic minced/pressed
- 1 cup brown basmati (or parboiled or white basmati for faster cooking) rice
- 1 cup corn (can sub another can of beans or simply omit if you cannot tolerate corn)
- 1-2 15oz can(s) black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 14.5 oz can vegetable or chicken broth (or can just use the Black Bean can to measure the equivalent amount of broth)
- 1 can mexican style tomatoes, (or 1 15oz can diced tomatoes + 1/8 tsp cayenne)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2-5 sliced precooked sausages
- 1 lb ground meat, browned
preheat oven to 375
Brown meat and sauté onion and garlic until tender.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. stir and pour into a 9×13? dish. cover tightly and bake 1-1.5 hours until rice is tender. Serve with vegetables you roast in the oven alongside the casserole.