Posted on | December 6, 2007 | No Comments
- 1 cup sorghum or millet
- 1 1/4 cup bean flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch (or starch mix)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup applesauce (if mixture looks too thick, add up to 1/4 cup more applesauce)
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk with a little lemon juice/vinegar to sour
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple (one of the small cans), drained
- 2 cups shredded carrots (I suggest a food processor for this)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or dried coconut
Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare cupcake pan with liners.
In a medium bowl, wisk together flours, spices, and other dry ingredients.
Use an electric mixer in another bowl to beat applesauce, brown sugar, coconut milk, and pineapple until well blended. Slowly add dry ingredients. Stir in carrots and coconut/walnuts.
Spoon into cupcake liners, fill about 2/3 full.
Bake for 20-30 min until cake tester comes out clean. Let sit in pan for 5-10 min, then let cool on a rack.
Serve as is or frosted with faux-cream cheese frosting.