This is a classic in our house. It’s adapted from an actual Cajun cookbook, even!
This is a delicious gfcf, gluten free, family-friendly recipe! It is also (if you double check ingredients!) a wheat free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, tree nut free, peanut free, fish free, and corn free recipe
- 1 pound Chicken breasts, boneless – cut in 1″ cubes
- 1 pound Smoked (anduille is best) sausage, sliced
- 1 pound Shrimp, cooked
- 28 ounces Crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 Green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Parsley
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning – we like Tony Chacheres Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 cups Rice, cooked
Cut chicken and slice sausage. Chop onion and green pepper. Put all in crockpot. Add remaining ingredients, except shrimp and rice. Cook in crockpot on low for 6-8 hours. 30 minutes before eating, add cooked shrimp and cooked rice; allow to heat.
Can be cooked on high for 3-4 hours instead.