adapted from one of Beanmom’s Really Easy Dinners
This is a delicious gfcf, gluten free, family-friendly recipe! It is also (if you double check ingredients!) a wheat free, dairy free, egg free, fish free, shellfish free, corn free, and South Beach phase 2 safe recipe.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut short-wise at a 45 degree angle (so you end up with almost bite-size strips)
- a garlic-clove sized piece of fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 2+ cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 onion, diced
- decent sized plop of peanut butter (in our house it must be natural, unsweetened, as Bill dislikes sweet & savory together)
- Splash wheat-free Tamari or LaChoy soy sauce
- a little water to texture-taste
- a little olive oil for sautéing
- peanuts for a topping (watch out – FISHER roasted nuts have gluten, Planters do not)
Saute chicken in batches (should need about 2 min per side). Save over in a bowl, covered with foil.
Saute onion, garlic, ginger together. once they are softened, add pb, tamari and mix into a sauce. add a little water to make a sauce. toss with chicken.
Serve with brown rice and steamed or roasted broccoli. Yum.