- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 lbs pork cutlets, pork loin, or just pork, cubed
- 1/4 C Patak’s curry paste
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 1/2 C beef or chicken stock
- 1 1/2 C canned diced tomatoes (14 oz can or half a 28 oz can)
- 2 handfuls lentils
- optional – add 1/2 cup frozen peas or 1/2 cup chickpeas
Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepan or pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions soften.
Add the pork and brown, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in the curry paste. Break the cauliflower into florets directly into the pot. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Raise the heat and bring it to a boil. Cover loosely, lower the heat slightly, and cook at a low boil for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom and burn.
After 20 minutes, the sauce should be thickened, the pork tender, and the cauliflower will have broken into small pieces.