Posted on | December 7, 2007 | No Comments
or Garlic Lemon chicken, depending on which type of citrus fruit/juice you have around the house.
Garlic Shake Seasoning
Mix together the following spices in an empty spice jar to shake on the chicken: (you will have plenty left over for the next few times you make this)
- 1 TBS salt
- several grinds black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Tony Chachere’s Cajun seasoning (or you could increase the cayenne)
- 2 TBS garlic powder or dehydrated roasted garlic
- 1 TBS dried minced onion
- 1 TBS thyme
shake until completely mixed
- Garlic Shake Seasoning
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2-3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 3-4 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (can sub water if needed)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (can sub lemon juice if needed)
Cut the chicken into 1-2 inch pieces.
In a large skillet, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and chicken. Shake the Garlic Shake Seasoning on top of the chicken, and stir so the Shake has hit both sides of the chicken.
Cook over medium to medium-high heat until the chicken is browned and no longer pink in the middle (about 10 minutes). Remove chicken from pan, and cover to keep warm.
Deglaze the pan with the chicken broth & lime juice. Stir over medium heat and get the yummy browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Keep stirring until the sauce has reduced. Add the chicken back into the pan and stir to coat.
Serve with rice or without. We really like this with the Garlic Pan-fried Squash.