This is a delicious gluten-free cornbread recipe that is just right – nice and moist. If you prefer dry cornbread, this isn’t the recipe for you. But if you’re looking for a nice, moist cornbread, it’s wonderful. This is also one of the bread products that I have had work very well for me without eggs. If you’d like to try this as a biscuit, try our cornbread biscuit recipe
This is a delicious gfcf, gluten free, family-friendly recipe! It is also (if you double check ingredients!) a wheat free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, tree nut free, peanut free, fish free, shellfish free, vegetarian, vegan, and top 8 allergen free recipe.
- 1 1/4 cups fine cornmeal
- 1/2 cup millet, brown rice, or other pale flour (if not gluten-free, just use 1 cup flour and omit the xanthan gum)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot or tapioca starch (or a mix with cornstarch or potato or whatever)
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 TBS baking powder (2 tsp if using eggs)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup applesauce (or 2 eggs)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can creamed corn (14-15 oz)
grease an 8? round or square pan. Preheat oven to 350
Whisk together ingredients from cornmeal to salt in a medium bowl
Add wet ingredients and mix until just blended. It will look something like cake batter.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until the top is firm and lightly brown. Serve warm with some butter substitute.