Posted on | December 9, 2007 | 3 Comments
This Recipe Contains Peanuts!
This is a delicious gfcf, gluten free, family-friendly recipe! It is also (if you double check ingredients!) a wheat free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, fish free, shellfish free, corn free, and vegan recipe.
My grandmother makes a recipe similar to this, but hers has graham cracker crumbs in it. I adore hers, and these are pretty darn good, and without the gluten or dairy!
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick margarine (aka 1/2 cup), melted
- 2 cups (or 1 18 oz container) chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (use the thick part from a chilled can)
- 1 TBS vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 bags (12 oz size) chocolate chips/chunks (aka 3 cups)
- 3 TBS shortening (we use Spectrum)
- several lightly salted peanuts
Combine ingredients through salt. Mix well.
Scoop into walnut-sized balls, and place on waxed paper. Chill in refrigerator (or back porch in winter) for at least an hour.
Melt the chocolate & shortening together, and use a fork or spoon to dip the peanut butter balls in the chocolate.
Decorate each one with a peanut on top. Chill again, then eat! Mmmm….