I’ve wanted to make one of these recipes for ages, and I finally decided to try it. This was a huge, huge hit! It is basically a sugar-cookie-type crust, with various chocolate toppings. You could make it with jam and fruit on top, but we were in a chocolate mood!
This is a delicious gfcf, gluten free, family-friendly recipe! It is also (if you double check ingredients!) a wheat free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, tree nut free, peanut free, fish free, shellfish free, top 8 allergen free, and vegan/vegetarian recipe.
- For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) dairy-free margarine or Spectrum shortening, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (if you can find corn-free powdered sugar, this recipe could be made with no corn)
- 1 cup rice flour
- For the Sauce:
- 1 batch chocolate pudding, made using the pie filling variation.
- For the Toppings:
- allergy-safe chocolate chips (Enjoy Life chocolate chips are one choice)
- allergy-safe chocolate non-pariels
- extra confectioner’s sugar as “cheese”
- other allergy-safe chocolates as desired (Choclate Emporium has many great gluten-free and dairy-free chocolates!)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a pizza pan or cookie sheet with a Silpat Baking Mat, Reynolds non-stick foil, or other nonstick choice.
Mix together the margarine/shortening, powdered sugar, and rice flour. Continue mixing until it is well combined. The mixture will be crumbly, but will hold together when patted together.
Press into a pan, ideally into a circular shape on a pizza pan, but you can also make a circular shape on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes, until it begins to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
When the “crust” is cool, spread on pudding, then add your choice of toppings.
Cut with a pizza cutter and enjoy!