How do you heat your home? In our house in Texas we used gas, but a lot of people had electric heat. In Connecticut we also had gas heat. We never had trouble with either of those. Now we have oil heat and a new burner, and it goes out at the least opportune times – like in the middle of a blizzard! We often have electricity even when we don’t have heat, so our little electric heater gets some use! It’s when the furnace doesn’t work AND there is no electricity that I get worried.
We have an empty hearth here where a woodburning stove was removed before we moved in. I wish we had wall heaters! Just having one source of heat (other than quilts) that does not rely on city services or a flaky furnace makes me more comfortable. A propane heater would be a lovely addition to our house, and be able to keep us warm and cozy even on the worst winter days!
If you’ve got a friend or family member who is moving into a new house that doesn’t have a fireplace, consider pitching in with a few others to get a wall heater as a house warming gift! I know it’s one I’d appreciate!
- Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Cake Mix
- Reviews are on hold
- Contests, cleaning, allergies, and air
- Book Review: Earthly Pleasures
- Even the police need to outfit themselves
- Science, Fun, and the Sun – a great mix!
- A Trip down Memory lane
- Book Review: Playing with Fire
- Playing Rapelli with Rapt Attention
- Have a ball outside with Boochie!