I read two books one after the other that pulled me towards islands and home – The Land of Mango Sunsets and The Lace Reader. On the surface, they are very, very different – one is about a Manhattan Society woman and the other is about the history of lace and the women who create and “read” it (like fortune telling). However, both books are about women coming home to themselves, rediscovering family, and succumbing to the lure of the island. They are both beautiful stories that will touch your heart. Take a day with a lounge chair and some boat drinks, and read them both – you won’t be able to put either one down. Read the full review …
- Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Cake Mix
- Reviews are on hold
- Contests, cleaning, allergies, and air
- Book Review: Earthly Pleasures
- Even the police need to outfit themselves
- Science, Fun, and the Sun – a great mix!
- A Trip down Memory lane
- Book Review: Playing with Fire
- Playing Rapelli with Rapt Attention
- Have a ball outside with Boochie!