This review is part of a MotherTalk blog tour, and I received this set of books from the publisher to review.
My oldest daughter has trouble with reading, and we were overjoyed to find Bob Books for her a few years ago – they are simple, short stories with simple drawings that can boost the confidence of beginning readers. The simple illustrations gave her an idea of the story without being too busy or distracting. The original books had black and white illustrations, which differed so much from the other, fully illustrated readers that distracted her from the words. The Bob Books gave her the ability to brag about reading a whole book when her friends said that they had read a book, despite her reading difficulties.
Read the rest of the review
- Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Cake Mix
- Reviews are on hold
- Contests, cleaning, allergies, and air
- Book Review: Earthly Pleasures
- Even the police need to outfit themselves
- Science, Fun, and the Sun – a great mix!
- A Trip down Memory lane
- Book Review: Playing with Fire
- Playing Rapelli with Rapt Attention
- Have a ball outside with Boochie!