I’ve been talking to friends with 10-12 year old boys, and there is both an overabundance and a dearth of good reading material for that age group. If the boy is interested in sci-fi/fantasy, there is plenty to read: Harry Potter, Diana Wynne Jones, James Patterson’s “Maximum Ride” series, and many other. However, if he isn’t interested in that, it gets more difficult to find good books.
Dundurn Press in Canada is publishing many fabulous novels, including these two with boys as the main characters. They are not historical (another big subgroup), nor are they fantasy – they are about tween/early teen boys living their lives in today’s world. I was so excited to read these books, and I’m passing them on to the tween-age boys I know. Read the rest of the review …
- Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Cake Mix
- Reviews are on hold
- Contests, cleaning, allergies, and air
- Book Review: Earthly Pleasures
- Even the police need to outfit themselves
- Science, Fun, and the Sun – a great mix!
- A Trip down Memory lane
- Book Review: Playing with Fire
- Playing Rapelli with Rapt Attention
- Have a ball outside with Boochie!