Anita Shreve writes bestselling novels with intricate storylines that don’t come with a pat ending. If you are looking for a romance novel or chick-lit ending, this may not be the right book for you. However, if you are looking for a beautifully written story that keeps you on your toes for each of the 291 pages, this is a great one to pick up! There are surprises around every corner, and the characters come alive as the story continues.
The story arc in Body Surfing takes place on the shore of New Hampshire – near Portsmouth, and less than an hour from where we live. We live near a beach, and I can easily visualize the sand, waves, and beach houses farther north. Anita Shreve does a beautiful job writing descriptive passages of the characters and their surroundings, and keeps you interested in the passages. The feel of the sand and the pull of the waves pulls you into the story just like the undertow. Read the rest of the review
- Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Cake Mix
- Reviews are on hold
- Contests, cleaning, allergies, and air
- Book Review: Earthly Pleasures
- Even the police need to outfit themselves
- Science, Fun, and the Sun – a great mix!
- A Trip down Memory lane
- Book Review: Playing with Fire
- Playing Rapelli with Rapt Attention
- Have a ball outside with Boochie!