The fantasy young adult/tween market is growing, as are the number of books with female main characters. I was very happy to see that The Unwritten Girl and Fathom Five have a female main character, and her best friend is a boy, a combination with cross-gender appeal. James Bow has managed to combine real life as a tween/young adult with fantasy in a way that brings both worlds to life. The newly released Fathom Five and its precursor The Unwritten Girl mix life in a small Canadian town with travel through alternate worlds. Fathom Five can stand on its own, but The Unwritten Girl is a novel that deserves some attention, too. Read the rest of the review…
- Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Cake Mix
- Reviews are on hold
- Contests, cleaning, allergies, and air
- Book Review: Earthly Pleasures
- Even the police need to outfit themselves
- Science, Fun, and the Sun – a great mix!
- A Trip down Memory lane
- Book Review: Playing with Fire
- Playing Rapelli with Rapt Attention
- Have a ball outside with Boochie!