I was excited to receive The Law of Three: A Sarah Martin Mystery, a new young adult novel by Caroline Rennie Pattison. I have always enjoyed mysteries, and amassed a large collection of Trixie Belden mysteries as a kid I was loathe to give up. I nostalgically read all the Encyclopedia Brown books to my daughters, and one or two Nancy Drews. As I was reading them, though, I noticed that so much was out of date: the expectations of girls/young women, the freedoms allowed children, technology, and the language used in the stories. I had to stop periodically and edit or explain the content of the book. I was looking for a mystery aimed at the tween/young adult age that was current.
Read the rest of the review.
- Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Cake Mix
- Reviews are on hold
- Contests, cleaning, allergies, and air
- Book Review: Earthly Pleasures
- Even the police need to outfit themselves
- Science, Fun, and the Sun – a great mix!
- A Trip down Memory lane
- Book Review: Playing with Fire
- Playing Rapelli with Rapt Attention
- Have a ball outside with Boochie!