Three Million Acres of Flame is the latest Young Adult novel by Canadian author Valerie Sherrard. She has written several other novels for this age range, including Speechless, which we really enjoyed and reviewed here. It’s always wonderful to have a chance to read and review a second book by an author. This time Sherrard has created a fictionalized story that commemorates a part of Canadian history that is often overlooked – the Great Miramichi Fire of 1825. She participated in an interview about the fire, as a part of her book tour. Using a time of crisis and tragedy as a backdrop, Sherrard paints a portrait of a family coping with both big and small problems. Read the rest of the review
- Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Cake Mix
- Reviews are on hold
- Contests, cleaning, allergies, and air
- Book Review: Earthly Pleasures
- Even the police need to outfit themselves
- Science, Fun, and the Sun – a great mix!
- A Trip down Memory lane
- Book Review: Playing with Fire
- Playing Rapelli with Rapt Attention
- Have a ball outside with Boochie!