This winter I first heard about the new LED holiday lights. Our family has been talking a lot about reducing our energy usage, and switching to a 90% more efficient light source would be a great step in that direction.
I love the idea of using white rope lights to highlight our indoor Christmas/evergreen tree year round. Since LEDs are cool to the touch, I don’t have to worry about the heat from the lights damaging the trees. I also love the idea of running red rope lights around my daughters’ bunk beds to give them a fun night light without wasting a lot of energy or money. You could even write your name in LED for a fraction of the cost of neon!
Another cool use for LED lights is lighting for an outdoor wedding. My mother used seashell lights when decorating her garden for my uncle’s wedding. Wouldn’t it be cooler to use LED lights that matched your wedding colors? I could see it now – a gorgeous garden with flowers and lights picking up the colors in the bouquets and the dresses!
What would you use the LED lights for?
- Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Cake Mix
- Reviews are on hold
- Contests, cleaning, allergies, and air
- Book Review: Earthly Pleasures
- Even the police need to outfit themselves
- Science, Fun, and the Sun – a great mix!
- A Trip down Memory lane
- Book Review: Playing with Fire
- Playing Rapelli with Rapt Attention
- Have a ball outside with Boochie!