I don’t have any memories of watching Sonny and Cher as a kid. My earliest memory of Cher is watching her as the glamorous mom in Mermaids. I loved her stage presence, and her ability to capture the attention of everyone around her. I followed her as she performed in Moonstruck and other movies, and continued to admire her.
When I was a young teenager, Cher came to town to film The Witches of Eastwick, and hers was the first autograph I ever received. In fact, it might be one of the only autographs I’ve received that wasn’t in a book… Even walking through a crowd down the stairs of an old town hall, Cher had a commanding aura around her that drew your attention.
I think it sounds like a wonderful weekend away from responsibilities – gape at the Las Vegas strip, gorge on a buffet, pull a few slots, and then see Cher in concert! What more could you want? I bet you could even enjoy a wonderful jacuzzi tub in your room afterwards. Maybe you could try to achieve Cher’s level of glamor after that weekend?
Or not. But still, what a great opportunity!
- Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Cake Mix
- Reviews are on hold
- Contests, cleaning, allergies, and air
- Book Review: Earthly Pleasures
- Even the police need to outfit themselves
- Science, Fun, and the Sun – a great mix!
- A Trip down Memory lane
- Book Review: Playing with Fire
- Playing Rapelli with Rapt Attention
- Have a ball outside with Boochie!