My two older daughters were born in Austin, Texas. Their great-grandfather had a cattle ranch, even. Imagine the joy when my husband started dating me – a vegetarian liberal Yankee! And now we moved away from Texas for a job, and are living in the North.
So, we need to find the right Texas apparel so we won’t embarrass my in-laws in the pictures. I avoid “bling” and clothing with words on them for my daughters, and search for modest clothing. Even with those restrictions, I can burn a hole in my pocket at Cavender’s! Who wouldn’t want a fringed shirt?
My daughters are drooling over the children’s cowboy boots, all of which are less expensive and better made than those at other resellers. Once you have boots, you need western belts and accessories, and then you’re all set!
We have Australian Cattle Dogs, who can herd the cows for my cowgirls, too. Now to find a ranch and some cows where we can show off…
- Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Cake Mix
- Reviews are on hold
- Contests, cleaning, allergies, and air
- Book Review: Earthly Pleasures
- Even the police need to outfit themselves
- Science, Fun, and the Sun – a great mix!
- A Trip down Memory lane
- Book Review: Playing with Fire
- Playing Rapelli with Rapt Attention
- Have a ball outside with Boochie!