I finally made enchiladas. I had been too sad about the idea of cheese-less enchiladas before. These were quite easy and yummy, and everyone liked it! Any meal that is loved by the whole house is automatically special!
This is a delicious gfcf, gluten free, family-friendly recipe! It is also (if you double check ingredients!) a wheat free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, tree nut free, peanut free, fish free, shellfish free, and top 8 allergen free recipe.
- 2-3lbs chicken pieces. I used bone-in thighs with the skin off
- dash kosher salt
- dash chili powder
Sprinkle top and bottom of chicken with salt & chili powder. Put in a baking dish and cover with foil.
Bake chicken at 350 degrees until done (about 45 min). While cooking, assemble other ingredients and make enchilada sauce.
- 12 (or so) corn tortillas
- 2 cans (double check ingredients!) or 3 cups home-made enchilada sauce
- chicken, chopped up (to make this faster, approximately 1 lb of canned chicken could be used – Valley Fresh brand is allergy friendly)
- 4 scallions, white parts, chopped up
- black olives (optional)
- avacado (optional)
Cut up chicken and scallions into a bowl, mix together.
Heat tortillas in microwave between damp paper towels so they are softened and pliable.
Pour a little enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish, spread evenly.
Place a softened tortilla in your hand, and put some chicken mixture in the tortilla. Roll into an enchilada, and place seam-side-down in the baking dish. Repeat until you have used up all the chicken.
Pour enchilada sauce over the enchiladas, and toss some sliced black olives on top. Cover with foil, and bake 15-20 min, until heated through.