Posted on | December 7, 2007 | 2 Comments
This is a delicious gfcf, gluten free, family-friendly recipe! It is also (if you double check ingredients!) a wheat free, dairy free, egg free, tree nut free, peanut free, fish free, shellfish free, corn free, and South Beach phase 1 safe recipe.
- 1/2 cup wine-on-hand
- 1/4 c GF low-sodium soy sauce/tamari
- 3 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 bunch chopped scallions
- 1 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 3+ cloves minced/pressed garlic
- 5-6 boneless/skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- snow peas (about 10 oz), with ends chopped off
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small can water chestnuts, sliced
Preheat oven to 450. Mix wine, soy sauce, oil, scallions, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl. Mix chicken and veggies in a large bowl, and toss with sauce until coated.
Make 5-6 packets out of sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil, and put on baking sheet(s). Divide chicken and veggies into equal portions and put in packets. crimp the sides, and pour any sauce into each packet, then double-fold the tops.
Bake for 15-20 minutes. Open packets at the table, and pour the sauce into ramekins for dipping.
Serve with veggies and for those not on South Beach, brown rice.