Posted on | February 18, 2008 | 7 Comments
I just found the Gluten-free menu swap, which is being hosted this week by Gluten-free Red Sox fan. The theme for this week is Butternut Squash. I usually serve butternut squash as Ginger Butternut Squash soup. However, it can also be used in place of the pumpkin in Ingredient Free Pumpkin Bars. Yum.
Unfortunately, I didn’t learn about the menu swap until after I had done the week’s shopping, and I don’t usually have specific meals designated for specific days. However, if you’re having trouble coming up with warming winter meals, here’s this week’s menu for the Gaggle of Girls Gluten-Free Family…
- Sunday: Tacos – with seasoned ground beef, refried beans, lettuce, olives, salsa, and using guacamole to add the creaminess I miss without cheese
- Monday: Chicken Tetrazinni, using a $3.99 pre-roasted chicken from the grocery store, and roasted asparagus* on the side (recipe needs some new pictures!)
- Crock Pot pork curry
- Black Bean, Sweet Potato, and Pork stew, with roasted broccoli*
- Crabbie Patties, Smiles, and roasted brussels sprouts
- Indian-inspired saffron lentils, rice, and pork (recipe lost in server crash, need to redo), with green beans*
- Gumbo rice
*= here is my recipe for roasted vegetables
What are you eating this week?